Anyone who operates a motor vehicle on the public roads in Idaho is required to have a valid driver’s license.
Students attending a college or university in Idaho and members of the U.S. Military on active duty and their dependents who hold a valid driver’s license from another state or country and who claim residency in that state or country are not required to obtain an Idaho driver’s license.
Documents Required for Licensing
If you are a new applicant for a driver’s license, instruction permit, identity card, or driver training permit, you are required to provide the following documents:
- Driver Training Completion
- Foreign Drivers License (if applicable)
- Liability Signer if under 18
- Non-Idaho Driver’s License or I.D. Cards
- Proof of Age and Identity
- Proof of Idaho Residency
- Social Security Card
- Verification of School Compliance (VOC) if under 18
- Visual / Medical Certification (if required)