- Doing Business
- County Recorder
The Blaine County Recorder is Responsible for:
- Recorded Documents
- All Documents Prior to 1970 are in vault books on location
- Microfiche documents available on location starting in January 1970 ending with Instrument Number 476210
- Scanning documents started on April 23, 2001 with instrument 450331
- Scanned documents (images in our database) begin with 405570 (August 29, 1997) to current date
- Documents are entered into our computers, starting with instrument Number 259334 dated January 2, 1985. Research the indexes by name before this number and date are available on location
- Local title companies and abstractors may be contacted for extensive detailed research
Emails can be sent to the Recorder's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Recording and Copies
Documents can also be mailed to Blaine County Recorder, 206 1st Ave. S., Ste. 200, Hailey, ID 83333.
In person Recording is open to the public, please wear a mask.
In-person recording research and vault access will be limited to one customer at a time with two-hour time limit access. Call ahead if you would like to know if someone is already researching.
To request copies of documents, please call 208-788-5505.
- Electronic submissions for Recording Documents may be submitted through Simplifile.
Plats and Surveys can be searched for free on the Blaine County GIS System Plat and Survey search. All other recorded documents can only be researched on site on a Public Computer or in our office and in our vault for documents prior to April 23, 2001.
Prohibition and Removal of Restrictive Covenants Form.
Blaine County is a Passport Acceptance facility. Passport applications are being accepted by acceptance facilities for at this time.
For current processing times, forms and fees schedule please contact the US Department of State at their website travel.state.gov or call their customer service at 1-877-874-7793 for immediate service.
Passport forms can be downloaded at travel.state.gov.
Passport acceptance times: Monday - Thursday 8am to 5:30pm; Fridays 8am-4:30pm. Please allow a minimum of 30 minutes per application for processing. First come, first served with no appointments.
Payment for Passports are made to the "US Dept. of State" and must be in the form of a check (personal, cashiers, money order or travelers)
A separate payment for each application is made to the acceptance facility, "Blaine County", and can be in cash, check or by credit card in which there is an additional service fee.
We are accepting applications for a Marriage License. Only the individuals applying for the license will be allowed. Please no children or family members. Bring your own pen and wear a mask.
- Sun Valley April 14, 1947
- Ketchum March 10, 1947
- Hailey 1903 as a Village and in 1909 as a city of 2nd class
- Bellevue - Charter was granted in 1883
- Courhouse was Built in 1884
- Alturas County Created Feb 4, 1864
- Logan County Created Feb 7, 1889
- Alta County Created March 1891
- Blaine County Created March 5, 1895
- Early Marriage Records onsite are available from 1864-1894
- Births available from 1907-1911 - Idaho Bureau of Vital Statistics Starts in 1911 and handles it after that
- Deaths Recorded from 1908-1911 - Then all other record with the Idaho Bureau of Vital Statistics