Effective 1:00 p.m. Wednesday, May 31, 2023, the Blaine County Sheriff has made the following changes to flood evacuation areas in Gimlet.
Properties on Gin Ridge Rd. which have been under Mandatory Evacuation Orders (previously highlighted in Green) are now changed to Set Pre-Evacuation status (now highlighted in Yellow). Idaho Power is working to restore power to these residences. Set status means:
- Be ready to evacuate at a moment's notice with "go kits" in your evacuation vehicle.
- The vehicle is packed and valuables are near the door.
- You do not need to wait for an Order, consider evacuating Now, if you are elderly or your family needs extra time or conditions make you feel unsafe.
- If conditions worsen rapidly leave if conditions feel unsafe.
Please note there are no status changes to the properties on Wilderness Drive that are currently in Ready status (Red) at this time. Wilderness Drive will remain in Ready. Ready status means
- You have prepared your home and family to evacuate
- You have a “go kit” packed for each family member and plan for pets and family members with special needs.
- Your evacuation vehicle has the gas tank full or fully charged if electric.
- You are monitoring your situational awareness and changing conditions.