Can I report a crime to the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office?

No, our office does not investigate criminal activities. In most cases, a crime must be reported to the law enforcement agency which has jurisdiction over the city or county where the crime occurred. For example, if the crime occurred in the City of Sun Valley, it should be reported to the Sun Valley Police Department. Once the Matter is investigated, our office will review the police reports, witness statements, and other information before determining whether to file a criminal complaint.

  • Bellevue Marshal’s Office - 208-788-3692
  • Blaine County Sheriff’s Office - 208-788-5555
  • Hailey Police Department - 208-788-3531
  • Ketchum Police Department - 208-726-7833
  • Sun Valley Police Department - 208-622-5345

Show All Answers

1. Can I report a crime to the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office?
2. I am the victim of a crime and I want to drop the charges. What do I do?
3. Can I talk to Jim Thomas? He’s handling my case since his name is on all the documents.
4. I am a Defendant and I don’t like the defense attorney who is representing me. Can I talk to the Prosecutor handling my case?
5. I want a divorce. (Or, I want to sue someone. Or, I want to adopt a child.) Can the Prosecutor’s Office help me?
6. I am being harassed and I want a restraining order. Can I get that from you?