Yes, inmates may receive paperback books, puzzles, games, or other items according to the following rules:
Items Sent to an Inmate:
- All items must be inspected and approved by Blaine County Detention Staff.
- All items sent to an inmate must be sent directly from a publisher in original plastic packaging.
- Unaccepted items will either be returned to the sender or stored in the inmate's property bag to be received upon release.
- Hardback books are not accepted.
- Used puzzles, games, or other items are not accepted.
Donations to the Inmate Library:
- All donations brought to the Detention Lobby must be inspected and approved by the Detention Staff.
- Unaccepted items will be disposed of by Detention Staff.
- Donated items become the property of the Blaine County Detention Center.
- Paperback books in like-new condition may be donated in our Detention Lobby if they are without rips, tears, handwritten notations, or missing pages.
- New games, puzzles, or other items may be sent from a publisher or donated in the Detention Lobby in original plastic packaging.
If you have any questions regarding these rules, please speak to a Detention Deputy.